Last week I posted a picture of an experiment we set up to see if some bean seeds would grow. Well, we’ve been watching and they have grown.
It was time to take the experiment apart, examine results and expand our learning:
- How the outer shell splits and comes off the bean;
- Where roots begin to sprout from;
- How a shoot begins to grow;
- How you can see the green bean split and leaves start;
- How the green beans wrinkles (dries up) as the leaves grow;
- How the roots spread out;
- How all look alike!
Then we got to plant the beans to see if we can grow some bean stalks.
Another chance to observe over time………….. Who says gardening is only for the Spring 🙂