Our next letter is “Cc”. I thought it would be all about caterpillar, especially having just watched our Monarch butterfly hatch, but no…… “Cc” is for Cookies.
These books will be read at our shared reading time and available for children to view as they wish:
- The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson
- The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems
- No Cookies? by Sarah Albee
- How Do Dinosaurs Eat Cookies? by Jane Yolen
- Baker, Baker, Cookie Maker by Linda Hayward
- The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins
- The Cookie-Store Cat by Cynthia Rylant
- Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? by Bonnie Lass & Philemon Sturges
- Cookie’s Week by Cindy Ward
- Mr. Cookie Baker by Monica Wellington
- Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar? by George Shannon
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
I’ll be pulling activities from my Pinterest Board: Our Personal ABC Book. There will be separate sections for each letter. Here’s “Cc” for Cookies.
New activities will be added to a couple of the favorites from last week in our activity drawers and available as choice.
Besides a good number of math games, we’ll be in the kitchen for more science, math and language as we bake some cookies. We’ll also get a cookie done for our Personal ABC Books. Not sure yet if it will be tissue paper collage or puffy paint……………..
(*See end of post for update on finished book page.)